Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A threat to them = a bad influence on you...curious, isn't it?

Often I would get roundabout nudging when it came to persuading me not to do something I felt compelled to do or felt strongly about. However I remember once shortly after being reunited with old friends I was told something along these lines:

"Normally I would create some elaborate story or reasons why you shouldn't talk to Laura and Karen, but not this time...I am just going to come straight out with it: I do not want you associating with them anymore. They are not a good influence on you and I am threatened by them. Slowly taper off your relations with them and let me decide who we associate with. I mean it, you are not allowed to associate with them...do you understand?"

And before you know it, everyone is a threat.

No comments:

Post a Comment